Looking for a place to gather with other women to talk about your faith? Women of the ELCA is just for you. We’re a community of women where fellowship, friendship, study, service and advocacy are nurtured. Here you’ll find original, inventive and imaginative support.
All women of St. John’s are welcome to come to Lydia’s Circle, a weekly time of Bible study, fellowship and fun.. This group meets in the cafe of the the Worship Center on Sunday evenings between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. For more information, speak with Sandy Weaver or Diane Ballentine.
Women of the ELCA Blog
Commentary and reflections on issues, events and trends in our church, society and world, as seen through the lens of our mission and purpose and our ministries.
- Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:06:20 +0000: How does Advent make you feel? - Blog – Women of the ELCA
by Kris Brugamyer I have always enjoyed the Advent season. In my family, when I was growing up, we had
- Thu, 06 Dec 2018 11:26:55 +0000: What can we as Christians do? - Blog – Women of the ELCA
More than 7,000 people--mostly women and children--from Central America, are waiting desperately at Mexico’s northern border, hoping for safe haven
- Mon, 03 Dec 2018 11:30:42 +0000: When people say “I don’t see your wheelchair” - Blog – Women of the ELCA
December 3 is International Day of Persons With Disabilities. Read this ELCA pastor's story. by Lisa Heffernan This might surprise a
- Thu, 29 Nov 2018 10:00:22 +0000: Role models in literature, life - Blog – Women of the ELCA
There are only two books I’ve ever read more than once. One of them is A Wrinkle in Time, by
- Wed, 28 Nov 2018 17:29:37 +0000: We wait in joyful hope - Blog – Women of the ELCA
There’s an ancient little prayer – maybe as old as the fourth or fifth century -- that some Christians insert