Looking for a place to gather with other women to talk about your faith? Women of the ELCA is just for you. We’re a community of women where fellowship, friendship, study, service and advocacy are nurtured. Here you’ll find original, inventive and imaginative support.
All women of St. John’s are welcome to come to Lydia’s Circle, a weekly time of Bible study, fellowship and fun.. This group meets in the cafe of the the Worship Center on Sunday evenings between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. For more information, speak with Sandy Weaver or Diane Ballentine.
Women of the ELCA Blog
Commentary and reflections on issues, events and trends in our church, society and world, as seen through the lens of our mission and purpose and our ministries.
- Mon, 21 Aug 2017 10:22:06 +0000: The reward of children is grandchildren - Blog – Women of the ELCA
Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their parents. (Proverbs 17:6) Raising children is rarely
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:40:45 +0000: Flyer takes anxiety to higher power - Blog – Women of the ELCA
I'm not a good flyer. In fact, I'd say that nothing spikes my already steady level of anxiety like a
- Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:35:43 +0000: God’s doing a new thing. Do you see it? - Blog – Women of the ELCA
Most women and girls will have a menstrual period during their child-bearing years. There's nothing new about that. As we
- Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:24:22 +0000: You give them something to eat - Blog – Women of the ELCA
Every one of the four gospels tells the story. Out in some deserted spot far from town, a big crowd
- Mon, 07 Aug 2017 10:39:44 +0000: God’s renewal turns world upside down - Blog – Women of the ELCA
One night at bedtime, my youngest child surprised me by asking God to bless the people who will be awake