Looking for a place to gather with other women to talk about your faith? Women of the ELCA is just for you. We’re a community of women where fellowship, friendship, study, service and advocacy are nurtured. Here you’ll find original, inventive and imaginative support.
All women of St. John’s are welcome to come to Lydia’s Circle, a weekly time of Bible study, fellowship and fun.. This group meets in the cafe of the the Worship Center on Sunday evenings between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. For more information, speak with Sandy Weaver or Diane Ballentine.
Women of the ELCA Blog
Commentary and reflections on issues, events and trends in our church, society and world, as seen through the lens of our mission and purpose and our ministries.
- Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:00:38 +0000: What does it mean to be a mentor? - Blog – Women of the ELCA
by Cara Strickland I started seeking a mentor in middle school. I probably got the idea from youth group or
- Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:00:17 +0000: Building community, one dog at a time - Blog – Women of the ELCA
Five different cats owned us over the last 25 years. (Yes, I used “owned” intentionally. You've likely heard the quip,
- Mon, 08 Oct 2018 10:36:37 +0000: Are you up for a journey of faith? - Blog – Women of the ELCA
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1) by Hannah Fleming
- Mon, 01 Oct 2018 14:32:58 +0000: Are you working to end domestic violence? - Blog – Women of the ELCA
One in three women and one in four men have been victims of [some form of] physical violence by an
- Thu, 27 Sep 2018 19:30:38 +0000: Bible in one hand, newspaper in the other - Blog – Women of the ELCA
Have you ever heard that old saying about how a good preacher has the Bible in one hand and today’s